Whirlpool® Air Fry Ovens
Air fry crispy favourites with your family
We’re celebrating all the flavours of Canada’s culinary scene with an exciting contest.
OFFICIAL RULES ( the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE CONTEST IS VALID IN CANADA ONLY, EXCLUDING QUEBEC, (AND IS OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE PERSONS, AS SPECIFIED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
The 2022 Whirlpool(R) Air Fry Oven Contest (the “Contest”) is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram (“Instagram”). You understand that you are providing your information to Whirlpool Canada LP (the “Sponsor”) and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for the administration of this Contest and in accordance with the Sponsor’s Privacy Notice. Instagram is completely released of all liability by each participant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Instagram. You may only use one (1) Instagram Account (the “Account”) to participate in this Contest. Multiple Accounts are not permitted.
- Contest Period: Contest begins at 12:00 am Eastern Time, June 29, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on July 20, 2022. All entries must be received by July 20, 2022 at 11:59:59 PM EST (the “Contest Closing Time”). Entries submitted after the Contest Closing Time will not be accepted.
- Contest Eligibility: The Contest is only open to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry, and who are not (A) an employee, director, officer or retiree of Whirlpool/Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, franchisees, agents, associates, dealers, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies; (B) members of the immediate family (husband, wife, spouse, common-law partner, son, stepson, son-in-law, daughter, stepdaughter, daughter-in-law, sister, stepsister, sister-in-law, brother, stepbrother, brother-in-law, mother, stepmother, mother-in-law, father, stepfather or father-in-law) of the individuals outlined in (A) and; (C) any person domiciled with the individuals outlined in (A) or (B).
- How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Contest takes place on the social media application Instagram, and requires you to have a valid user account with the social application to enter. Registration is free: visit https://www.instagram.com/ and click on sign up, and fill in the information/follow on-screen instructions to register.
- To enter, show us “What would you air fry?”. Submit a picture of your favourite food that could be enhanced by being air fried! Post a valid food picture, together with your Instagram Handle, on your Instagram feed with #WhirlpoolAirFryContest during the Contest Period, to qualify for a ballot into the Prize Draw (as defined below);
- Only one photo post per day is permitted, during the Contest Period; Entrants submitting more than one food picture per day will be disqualified from the Contest and not be eligible to win the Prize;
- Each photo post must be different from the others; no duplicate foods and/or pictures allowed. Entrants submitting the same food picture more than one time will be disqualified from the Contest and not be eligible to win the Prize;
- The food picture should be clear;
- There is no restriction on the type of dish, food, meal or snack type you submit, however, the food shown in your photo submission should be able to be air fried;
- All food pictures submitted become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be automatically deleted or returned;
- Selected entrant must be following the @whirlpool_ca Instagram account at the time of awarding the Prize.
- are original to him/her and that the entrant has obtained all necessary rights in and to the post/photo for the purposes of entering such post/photo in the Contest;
- do not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- do not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
- will not give rise to any claims whatsoever, including, without limitation, claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party; and
- are not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that they will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your post/photo must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained --- note: all identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other materials that are or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Random Draw: A draw for the Prize will be made by a random computer-generated selection at Etobicoke, Ontario, by Sponsor or its designated representative, on July 27, 2022 at approximately 2:00 pm ET from all eligible entries received as of the Contest Closing. Selected entrant must be following the @whirlpool_ca Instagram account at the time of awarding the Prize.
The selected Eligible Entrant will be contacted at the Instagram Handle provided at the time of Contest entry by the Sponsor or its representative. If, after 3 attempts by Sponsor, within a period of 5 business days, Sponsor is not able to contact the potential Prize winner or the selected entrant has not responded to Sponsor’s notification of entrant’s selection within 24 hours of the last notification communication, or if the potential Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the potential Prize winner shall forfeit the Prize, without any recourse to the Sponsor or its advertising agencies, and Sponsor may select an alternate potential Prize winner from among all remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated until such time that a winner is declared.
The selected entrant will also be required to sign a form of Declaration and Release (“Release Form”) or otherwise confirm compliance with the Rules, acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, and release the Sponsor, its dealers, agents, affiliated and related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releases”) from any liability arising out of or in any way connected with the operation of this Contest and use of the Prize. Prize winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of the Prize and from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the entry. The Release Form must be returned within five (5) business days or Prize may be forfeited. Upon receipt of the completed Release Form, the Sponsor, or its representative, will inform the winner of details related to how the winner will receive the Prize.
- Prize: There is one (1) Prize available to be won, consisting of: One (1) Whirlpool® Electric 7-in-1 Air Fry Oven (Model # YWEE745H0LZ) valued at MSRP $2,199.99 CAD.(“the Prize”). Prize includes delivery to one location in Canada. Allow eight (8) weeks after notification for delivery of Prize. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, or will be forfeited. The Prize is not transferable, assignable, not for resale and has no cash surrender value. Fulfillment of Prize is based on availability and the Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that the Prize cannot be awarded as described, for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value. The odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- GENERAL RULES
The winner of the Prize is subject to verification by the Sponsor and/or their designated representatives. Entries made with multiple addresses, under multiple identities, through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times or entries that are in excess of the permitted number of entries for the Contest Period are automatically void. All food pictures obtained through unauthorized sources, copied from sources subject to copyright laws (e.g.: Recipe Books, Recipe apps, Online sources, etc.), or otherwise deemed by the Sponsor to be illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged or irregular in any way, are automatically void. The Sponsor will be the sole and final reference source in validating the Prize claim.
Disputes: If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the individual who is rightful owner of the Instagram Handel used to submit the entry.
Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for: technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest.
Release: By entering the Contest, each entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor the unlimited right (but not the obligation) to publish and use, without payment or other compensation and without notice, consent or approval, his/her name, photograph and likeness, address (city/town, province or territory), voice, and the whole or part of any statement or statements he/she has made or makes about the Contest or Prize awarded in any publicity, program or advertising, without geographic limit and in perpetuity, in any medium now known or hereafter devised (including, without limitation, the Internet), and hereby consents unconditionally to any such publication or use without further notice, consent, approval or compensation.
Property: All entries become the permanent property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into, except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. This Contest is VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW AND IS EXPRESSLY NOT OPEN TO PARTICIPATION BY RESIDENTS OF ANY JURISDICTION OTHER THAN CANADA EXCLUDING QUEBEC.
The decisions of Sponsor in relation to this Contest, will be final and binding on all Contest entrants, subject to what is otherwise provided in these Rules.
The Sponsor shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription or registration of Contest entry information, technical malfunctions, lost / delayed / incomplete / interrupted / misdirected / stolen / illegible / deleted data / network transmissions, line failures of any telecommunication network, failure of computer equipment, software, websites, inability to access any online service or web site, inability to submit the Entry or any other malfunction or human or technical error, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest, or for late, lost, stolen, postage due, illegible, undelivered or misdirected entries.
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, or suspend this Contest, at their sole discretion, in the event of a technical failure, computer virus or bug, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or any other occurrence or cause beyond its control that corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, fairness or normal operation of the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Rules, or as a result of technical problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules.
The Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial and local laws, as wellas the rules adopted in view of said laws. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
Privacy: Whirlpool Canada LP respects your right to privacy and works at all times to comply with all applicable data protection and privacy laws. Except as expressly set out in these Rules, in Whirlpool’s Privacy Notice (available at https://whirlpoolcorp.com/privacy-notice-united-states-and-canada/), or as otherwise agreed to by the entrants, any personal information provided in connection with this Contest will only be collected, used and disclosed by Whirlpool and its third party partners and service providers for the purposes of administering and conducting this Contest, including, without limitation, verification of eligibility and identity and awarding and delivering Prizes.
®/™ © 2022 Whirlpool. Used under license in Canada. All rights reserved.
© 2022 Instagram from Meta