Shop Fridges: French Door, Side by Side & More
Shop Whirlpool® Refrigerators And Discover The Perfect Model For Your Kitchen
Whirlpool refrigerators come in a variety of styles, configurations and sizes. Shop counterdepth (28 and 36 inches), bottom-freezer (24, 30 and 33 inches) French door (30, 33 and 36 inches), top-freezer (28 and 30 inches), 33-inch refrigerators and 36-inch refrigerators. Most are available in black, white and stainless steel. Our refrigerators can match or enhance the look of most kitchens. Browse our collection to find the style and features that are right for you.
What is the best Fridge to buy?
There are a few factors to consider when purchasing your new refrigerator.
Size & Measurement
There isn't one standard refrigerator size. When shopping for a new fridge, you need to understand the space you have to work with.
- Measurements of where it’s being installed (width, height, depth, swing space) - How much room to leave for doors to open
- Distance to nearby islands
- This fridge measuring guide walks you through the entire process.
You'll also want to consider whether you want a standard-depth or counter-depth refrigerator, built in or freestanding.
Counter Depth Vs Standard Depth
Standard Depth Refrigerators
This is a popular choice for families in need of more fridge and/or freezer space. The fridge slightly protrudes from the counter.
Counter Depth Refrigerators
This style of counter depth fridges gives the appearance of being built in, providing a sleek, seamless style ideal for modern kitchens. This style allows for optimal traffic flow in the kitchen since the fridge doesn’t stick out.
Built-In Vs. Freestanding
Generally, built-In refrigerators are taller than standard models to make up for the space lost in depth. They also typically offer widths up to 48 inches (122cm) to meet your storage needs.
PRO: This style is commonly designed to more seamlessly integrate with your existing kitchen.
CON: It is often a costlier option because the fridge is built into cabinets which may require custom designed cabinetry and a professional to perform the installation.
Free-standing fridges offer both standard and counter-depth options to meet your style and storage needs. They are typically easier to install and are generally more affordable than a built-in model.
Size & Configuration
French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerators
- A typical French Door bottom freezer refrigerator has two doors that open independently at the top with a pull out freezer below.
- Designed to allow you to open only one side at a time.
- French door fridges are considered a higher end choice because they usually have the most features.
- Typically 20-28 cubic feet of total volume.
- Usually available in 30" (76.2 cm), 33" (83.8cm), 36" (91.4 cm) widths. Select widths also offer counter depth options.
Top Freezer Refrigerators
- Freezer is located at the top of the fridge.
- Classic design and generally a lower price point.
- Usually available in 24" (61cm) , 28” (71 cm) and 30" (76.2 cm) and 33" (82.8 cm) widths
Bottom Freezer Refrigerators
- Freezer is located at the bottom of the fridge.
- Typically, a bottom freezer is larger than a top freezer and has tiered storage baskets.
- Usually 19-22 cubic feet of total volume with small space options at 12 cubic feet
- Usually available in 24" (61cm) , 28” (71 cm) and 30" (76.2 cm) and 33"(82.8 cm) widths.
Side by Side Refrigerators
- Two separate full-height compartments (freezer and fridge), each with its own door.
- Can offer more freezer space (great for families who buy more freezer items).
- Easily access freezer foods.
- Typically 20-26 cubic feet of total volume.
- Usually available in 33" (83.8 cm) and 36" (91.4 cm) widths. Select widths also offer counter depth options.
For more details on each fridge configuration, see our extensive guide on how to buy a refrigerator
Color & Finish Options
The color and finish of your refrigerator is especially important when matching the design of your kitchen. Options available at Whirlpool are:
What Features Do I Look For When Buying a Fridge?
Water and Ice Dispensing
There are both internal and external dispensing options. Internal dispensers are a better option for those who prefer a cleaner look on the exterior of their fridge.
Performance features help store your food at optimal temperature and humidity conditions:
- Dual evaporators allow for more precise temperature controls.
- Humidity controlled crispers create ideal fruit and vegetable environments.
- Adjustable temperature drawers allow you to select a custom temperature based on what you store.
Organization features can help keep your foods and beverages visible and readily accessible:
- Large Gallon Door Bins
- Tiered shelving inside the freezer
- Select Whirlpool® fridges come with an Infinity slide shelf
- Select top-freezer Whirlpool® fridges feature a Flexi-Slide™ bin with side-to-side movement to make room for tall items
Helps you easily find food inside your fridge and provides a white light so food looks as it should. It also uses less energy than incandescent bulbs.
Smart / WiFi Connectivity
Some smart fridges can connect with your WiFi and your smart devices, giving you options to troubleshoot issues, get notifications and control smart features right from your phone.
- * While quantities last. Offer valid only for new orders whirlpool.ca. Instant savings on purchase price (before taxes) valid on purchase of qualifying Whirlpool® major appliances will be deducted at checkout. Qualifying purchases must be made between June 29- July 14 2021. Open to Canadian residents only. Delivered to a single Cdn. address. Offer cannot be combined with any other Whirlpool® appliance offer. Only in-stock eligible models qualify for offer. No substitute models qualify. Offer excludes discontinued models.
- 1. See our Return Policy for details.
- 2. See our Delivery Services page for details.
3. Our chat service hours are:
Mon-Fri: 9:00 am to 8:00 pm EST
Sat: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST
Sun: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm EST